Thursday, December 2, 2010

You Can Pick Your Nose but You Can’t Pick A Classic

Ever wonder who picks all those so called "classics" which we are forced to read, love, and cherish? All throughout my academic career there have always been those novels, poems,etc which were considered classics, and that I should have some genuine appreciation for them. Well, I want to know which person or committee has the sole power to dictate what I ought to read and enjoy. Now don't get me wrong there are indeed some things which I consider classics and do truly enjoy, but I would love to know who has that lovely job??

2 comments:

  1. I just need to say that I thoroughly enjoy the title of this post haha. I totally agree. I frequently read books that are supposed to be "classics" and I absolutely hate them. It's not a classic if nobody likes it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is fantastic! It is so true though! Why aren't any beach reads or "silly" romantic novels about teenage love on the classics list?? They are classics in my eyes! I wonder what people will think of Twilight years from now? I've never read it, but people love it. Will it be a classic?

    ReplyDelete