Thursday, December 9, 2010

There’s Something About Procrastinating…

thank you for this inspired post Long...


There’s just something about procrastinating that is absolutely thrilling. More than half the population suffers from it and almost all college kids do as well, and yet it still plagues the world. To be honest I am somewhat of a procrastinator, although I have been known to turn in an assignment a day early. Ha! No but really when two days or even the day before the paper is due comes and all I have is 200 out of 2000 words, a part of me is excited for the challenge. I mean it’s a pretty big risk to be honest. Seeing whether or not you will finish on time, whether the paper will be good or not, even wondering minutes after you submit it the grade you will receive. I don’t know how many times I have compared procrastinated essay grades with friends while we sit there trying to see who procrastinated more, but who received the better grade. Sure the sugar high gets you geared up and the crash and coffee hangover the next day sucks, but who doesn’t bask in that feeling of accomplishment after. I personally feel proud of myself when I have defied my teacher with his, “You can’t do this the night before” speech…try me sucka. Procrastination will at some point or another lead to my downfall but for now I’m riding this bull and it hasn’t thrown me off yet so I’m going to keep on riding it!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and the defiant attitude you talk about! Yes that feeling of "I did it at the last minute and I still got an A" is definitely a huge sense of achievement!

    ReplyDelete